Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has not returned from Argentina for a meeting with the club, but talks have been held with his representatives.
The 27-year-old had been requested to return to England by the Barclays Premier League heavyweights after he flew home to visit his family last week, apparently without permission from his employers.
However, Tevez has remained in South America while discussions take place between his advisors and the club.
“Over the weekend there have been a series of meetings and conference calls,” Tevez’s representative said.
“Carlos is still in Argentina, however, both sides are kind of in agreement that they want a resolution as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
“Discussions will probably be ongoing for the foreseeable future.”
It has been reported that the meeting with City officials formed part of a disciplinary process but Tevez’s representatives say they were not aware that was the case.
They also rejected claims coming from South America which said the striker had obtained a medical certificate which excused his absence.
“The meeting that Carlos was asked to attend today and subsequently didn’t does not, from our view, form part of any ongoing disciplinary procedure,” said Tevez’s representative.
“From our side we are not aware of any disciplinary procedure being invoked by City.”
City have declined to comment on the latest developments.
Reports Tevez had returned to Argentina began to emerge last week.
it was around the same time that the striker would not be appealing against against a club fine for misconduct.
City had found Tevez guilty of improper conduct – one of five breaches of contract – during the UEFA Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich on September 27.
He was initially fined four weeks’ wages but that was halved following intervention by the Professional Footballers’ Association.
Premier League Ladder
by Buford Balony