A teenage boy who was hung from a pole by his neck by school bullies has been abandoned by the South Australian government, the Liberals say.
The 13-year-old boy was hung from a pole by his neck twice in one day in a violent attack by school bullies, opposition Education spokesman David Pisoni says.
Two months after the assault at Para Hills High School the boy’s mother still hasn’t seen the perpetrators held accountable, counselling for her son or a proper investigation, Mr Pisoni said in a statement on Tuesday.
The failure of the Education department to address the family’s concerns was an appalling indictment on Education Minister Jay Weatherill’s record, Mr Pisoni said.
‘He must stop pushing this alarming issue under the carpet and immediately address the concerns of the young boy and his family,’ he said.
‘This student deserves the full protection and support of the school and the department but so far he has been completely abandoned by a minister who wants all this to disappear.’